ULA Tutor Resources
- Mail - Communicate with anyone on the internet.
- Wikipedia - Encyclopedia written collaboratively by largely anonymous Internet volunteers who write without pay.
- Search - find websites on any subject.
- Social networking
- FaceBook - a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them.
People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload photos, post links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.
- YouTube - allows people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos.
- Teaching aids
- Mr. Anker Tests - K-7 language and math quizzes, social studies, geography, ASL, keyboarding and links to other educational sites.
- The Smiling Teacher - word lists, an ABC order online activity, a concentration game, flash cards, a matching activity, word searches, crossword puzzles, a hangman game, cloze sentences, popup words for stories, word categories, word configurations, and several other activities for each of the 30 spelling lists for grades 1-5.
- Starfall - Pre-K - 2 language and math games.
Alphabet, phonics-based reading, songs.
Reading exercises, many self-directed.
(Advanced material requires fee-based membership.)
- Tutor-contributed materials (Remember to read the '* Instructions...' file.)
If you discover other internet locations that would be helpful to you, other students, or tutors, please point them out to Casandra or send an email to webmaster@UlsterLiteracy.org so they can be included here.